On the 25th May 2018 the current law designed to safeguard your personal information is changing. The current Data Protection Act is being replaced by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which sets out some new rules that we need to let you know about.
Your Personal Data – What is it?
From May 25th 2018, your personal data is defined as any piece of information that allows you, as an individual, to be identified. This may include your name, your address, contact telephone and/or email contacts.
Who are we?
Lynden Singh is the Data Controller for Foot Tapping Records Ltd, and they are ultimately responsible for managing the information we record, and for what purposes it is used for.
How do we process your personal information?
Foot Tapping Records Ltd complies with the obligations set out under GDPR, we do this by keeping your personal information up to date, only collecting the information that is strictly necessary, and managing the secure destruction of personal information when it’s no longer required.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
1. To fulfil an order you have placed on our website or via telephone
2. To record details of your purchases for our customer loyalty programme
3. For fraud prevention purposes when purchasing gift vouchers
4. For payments, invoices and accounts processing
5. Keeping you updated on changes to your order via telephone, email or SMS
6. Keeping you updated on our latest promotional offers via email
What’s the legal basis for handling my information?
1. Processing your information is necessary in order for us to complete a sales
transaction, this covers both online and telephone (MOTO) orders.
Your data and third parties
Your personal information is classified as Strictly Confidential; this means that we do not share your personal information with any third parties. We will only share your personal information with third parties with your consent.
Any promotions or activities provided by our suppliers, which may include competitions, event days or special pricing will be treated as a separate contract between you and the supplier.
How long do you keep my information?
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary, for a period of 12 months in order to; process our financial accounts and maintain our rolling stock count. After this date, your order information is anonymised.
Your rights to your information
Under GDPR you have rights when it comes to allowing us to process your personal information, these include:
- The right to request a copy of all the information that we hold about you
- The right to request we correct any inaccurate or out of date information about you
- The right to stop us processing your personal information for things such as promotional marketing and appointment reminders.
- Where there is a dispute in our accuracy or handling of your information, request we restrict any further processing
- The right to object to us processing your information where applicable, outside of the requirements in order for us to carry out our service
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office If we need to use your data for another purpose
This privacy notice covers the items set out in section 3, if we wish to use your personal information for another purpose we will provide a new privacy notice which will explain how we will use your information. Your consent will be required before we can use your information in a new way or for the new purpose.
Consenting to your information being processed by us
You are consenting to us processing your personal information during your order (also known legally as ‘Invitation to treat’ where we are required to capture your personal information to fulfil your order.
You are consenting to your payment information being processed by us at point of sale for the purposes of completing your financial transaction by us.
You will be prompted to select your communication preferences at checkout, which includes; order updates, our latest offers and new product launches. These preferences can be managed in your Account at any time.
If you’re unhappy with how we’re processing your information
To report any queries or complaints, including the right to exercise your rights you should contact the data controller, Lynden Singh at Foot Tapping Records Ltd, 28 Cranford Avenue, Church Crookham, Fleet, GU52 6QU.
You may choose to refer your query to the The Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.